Submissions will be judged based on a defined set of criteria:
- How innovative is the approach?
- How newsworthy is the message; what is the "wow factor"?
- Is the material interesting?
- How significant is the topic?
- How applicable is the topic or methodology to business practice?
- Is the problem carefully and rigorously conceived?
- Methodological rigor Is the research rigorously executed?
Quality of expression
- Is the research clearly and attractively communicated?
- Will the results have an impact on marketing practice?
- Will the findings influence future research?
The jury will be chaired by the EMAC VP Publications, who will appoint an additional EMAC member and two McKinsey representatives. The jury chair will also select a minimum of two external reviewers for each submission unless she or he judges the paper inappropriate or of insufficient quality. Based on the outside reviews and evaluation of the panel, three finalists will be selected to present their papers to the jury at the annual EMAC conference. The jury will then select the winner, whose name will be announced at the conference's gala dinner that evening.
The 2016 award winner will be made public at the EMAC conference in Oslo, Norway.